Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

3/31/2014

Weekend finds

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

While the topic is still hot, what did you get from Sephora VIB Rouge Spring Social?

I grabbed Hourglass Ambient Lighting blush in Mood Exposure (CAD41) and Bite Beauty Matte Creme lip crayon in Sweety, a coral pink (LE, CAD28) - I actually wanted all 6 shades in the line lol.

Sephora Sand Illusions baked eyeshadow palette was near the checkout isle, CAD18, 6 x 0.023oz (0.138oz in total). It is a better deal than the Moonshadow baked palettes (CAD33 for 0.17oz total).

Sephora Define Yourself (LE) colour eyeliner set was a steal too, CAD38 (values $72) with 5 bright eyeliners (turquoise, purple, green, gold) in waterproof formulas. I wanted to try more 12hr wear Contour eye pencils and 12hr wear Jumbo liners too, so this set came in handy!

I braved the rain Sunday morning for the event, as I wanted to do lots of swatching before buying and I am glad I did.

I would be disappointed if I went for the freebies, as they aren't that impressive. Don't feel bad if you didn't make the event :)

The stripe cosmetic bag is small, probably fits a few items for touchup during the day. The samples (6 in total) are those free ones you normally get with an online order, size wise. I don't really care for those much.

Other retailers also had some fun sales going on.

Bath and Body Works and their famous BOGO sale on all candles sucked me in. This has been the best deal on their candles so far, works out to be $22.50 for 2.

I got Market Peach and London Calling, with beautiful special edition lids. I wanted to check out the Italian collection but they didn't get them in 3-wick size yet, only a few Mason jars.

I also found the little porcelain cake pedestal to display the mini candles. It is too cute to walk pass, even with a $11 price tag. Glad I had a coupon :)

Happened to walk in a Claire's shopping event, I was excited.

This was no ordinary sale! Same 10/$10 deal but they upgraded the regular extra 50% last ticketed price (for items of reg price over $11.50) to 75%!

They also brought out about 5 times as much stuff as usual. The items were still in plastic bags (not on the shelves), which required digging and sorting, but that was part of the fun :) After the event, they packed away more than 10 boxes to send off to storage.

Squirt and I went to town. What we found, besides earrings and necklaces: a studded denim backpack, fleece-lined leggings, Conair You Lift clips, a beaded ID holder, etc. Nothing was more than $2 :)

According to staff, the event is going to be hosted about once a month for this location only (Halifax Shopping Centre, as a test run) at this point. They can add your name to the calling list for next event :)

I told you a few weeks back about the online warehouse sale at Lise Watier.

The prices were great, I got quite a few items as gifts. Can't help showing you the beautiful packaging here :)

I bought both of the Glamour Rose eyes and cheeks palettes, only $10 each (reg. $45). The pink and purple gems embedded on the glittery case killed me and the colours inside were equally pretty.

On an oil kick, I had to get the Sensationelle dry oil to try, $12 (reg. $42). The bottle would make a beautiful piece on your vanity too.

La Senza is running their sale again - $3 panties and 50% off selected bras/ sleepwear, etc. I always stock up, but don't think you need a pic of the haul lol. What goodies did you get last weekend?

4 comments:

  1. OMG Awesome haul!!! ^_^ So jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your steals!!! Thanks for sharing :D I love Lise Watier!! And I love that Sephora kit! AAAH I had no idea about LaSenza's pantie sale! Yay!! I'm going to pick up some B&B candles this week :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BBW sale is hard to predict, please check their FB page (the promotion tab) before you head out. Have fun shopping!

      Delete