Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

11/21/2013

NOTD: Quo by Orly Prepster

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

It has been a while that I talked about a Quo nail polish (nor bought a new one, surprisingly), so I figured today is the day :)

This is Quo by Orly Prepster from the permanent line. The colour does not need any explanation other than it's pretty and lands somewhere between a mint and a baby blue. The aqua shimmers are pretty!

I did 3 coats of Prepster on all fingers except the accent nail (see below). It is a bit of a setback when it takes that many coats to be (almost) opaque, but I personally don't mind.

For comparison, on my ring finger is Wet n Wild Megalast nail polish in I Need a Refresh-Mint, another favourite among nail bloggers.

I Need a Refresh-Mint is a cream (without any shimmer), and only takes 2 coats. On the nail, it is a tad darker and more green toned than Prepster.

If finishes do not matter to you, you don't need both shades. To me, the shimmers grant Prepster a spot in the stash. Justified! :) For the opacity, I will use a base with it next time.

In close up, you can definitely see the sheerness of Prepster and the creaminess of I Need a Refresh-Mint.

And if I didn't say enough about the shimmers, see them in this pic too :) It makes the baby blue look more dreamy and iridescent - like the beautiful ocean that mermaids swim in, you know what I mean? Definitely the selling point for me.

So it's already Thursday, I can't believe it. It is going to be a busy weekend for me and Squirt before our trip. Already saw a few sneak peeks of Black Friday promotions popping up already. I'll miss all those, so I'll need you guys to tell me what you get, so I can be jealous :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment