Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

9/09/2013

NOTD: Quo by Orly Wild Child

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

Hi guys, I am feeling the Monday blues, so we're talking a dark mani this morning.

It has been a while since we looked at Quo by Orly nail polish, I pulled out Wild Child today. This is a permanent shade that came out last Spring, part of the huge display together with some LE shades.

Like Beyond the Sea, the first coat of Wild Child was semi sheer but no VNL after the second coat. And it's totally worth it to build up the pigmentation, as it is an awesome black with some blings added :)

The blings I just mentioned showed up quite well in the bottle at this angle. On the nails, the medium sized multi coloured glitters add a surprise here and there but are not dense enough to crowd the mani. I liked the random distribution of them, didn't fish for the pieces in application.

In other words, Wild Child is a step up from a regular black, the wild version of black, you can say. I am certainly a fan!

Still, I wanted more jazz :)

Added to the middle finger is the luxurious appearance of Dollish Polish in Heart of Glass.

This is one crazy glitter top coat with flakes and glitters like shards of glass floating around in a slightly milky base. I used to have it right on my desk, for instant glamour effect to any mani that needs it.

As you can tell by the label, this version was from way back when the brand first started out. They now have the little doll and brand name printed right on the bottle. Dollish Polish was one of the rare indie brands I took the plunge for and I'm glad I did.

Closeup in low light to show you the depth of Wild Child and the holographic effect of Heart of Glass, among all the glittery goodness of both. Sold? :)

As a regular post weekend catch up, I would ramble a little about my weekend and ask about yours. Did you super-redeem your Optimum points? I have been very jealous of those who live near the Shopper location that carries Chanel :)

Since I moved, I haven't been shopping as much, just because of the distance. Still do some online shopping, but that was pretty much it. I am waiting for the last Sephora order to arrive to make a collective post, but if you haven't already, check out their sale page. Lots of goodies have been added, including stuff from brands that had never been on sale before.

2 comments: