Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

8/05/2013

Weekend finds

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

So July was done, I was so busy getting the apartment cleaned out to finish the lease, didn't get around drugstores very much until this (long) weekend.

At Lawtons, I found some 50% off red tags:
- Marcelle BB trial kit (reg. $16.95) in Medium to Dark with BB cleanser (30ml), BB cream (15ml) and BB cream to powder (4g). Also available in Light to Medium, selections vary by stores
I don't need any trial to this line but the minis are great for travelling, I wouldn't mind to stock up on these.

- Marcelle Jelly Cheek Flush blushes in Rosy Tint and Flushed Coral (reg. $16.95)
Was lucky to find a display that was not fully picked over. I heard good things about them, couldn't wait to test them out.

More red tags - Milani (LE) Shadow Eyez eyeshadow pencils in Black Ink, Espresso Line, Cafe au Lait, Almond Cream and Sand Dunes (reg. $8.99).

I was really excited to see the display at Lawtons a while back but tried to hold off on these. However, they are LE, with 4 neutral matte shades (the first 4 shades in the pic) and now are cleared out, I certainly didn't want to miss out.

Sand Dunes has metallic finish but is a versatile shade to wear all the time, so I grabbed it too. Passed on the darker bronze (metallic) shade called Golden Bronze.

Last week, Shoppers had L'Oreal Youth Code skin care for $19.99, including the new Texture Perfector line. I got the serum and Day/ Night cream with beautiful pink and silver packaging. The line is supposed to help with the look of pores, fine lines and uneven skin tone. Let's hope eh?

On the far left is the L'Oreal Colour Riche eyeshadow quad in Cupa Joe, on sale then for $8.99. All matte shades, being dupes of MAC eyeshadows (Wedge, Vanilla, Omega and Charcoal Brown), that's a small price to pay right?

At Winners, I was over the moon to find 2 cute bags on clearance - Steve Madden Bidoll $36 (comparable at $128) and MMS Design Studio circle studded satchel $20 (comparable at $70).

Also bought a cute pair of oven mitts with a "Born to shop, Forced to cook" print, so me lol.

From Claire's Splatter nail polish line, I got Flashing Lights and Paparazzi, reg. $8 (15ml), BOGO1/2 (i.e. $6 each when you buy 2). Considering the Hard Candy nail polish (7.8ml for $4), these are better bargains.

There are about 7-8 shades in the line, I'm hoping for more. Claire's also has about 3 shades in the Sand (texture) line, great to see them catching up with indie trends.

Note that 10 for $10 sale is on at Claire's (at least it was in the weekend), and there is a bonus buck promo - when you spend $20 now until August 24, you'll get a bonus buck card to get $10 off a purchase of $20 or more between August 25 - September 15.

And lastly, if you didn't see my tweet already, Wet n Wild Pop Art Craze collection has arrived at Lawtons. The eyeshadow trios are $3.99 each, and there are nail polish too.

8 comments:

  1. OH YAY for Wet and Wild stuff, will have to check out Lawtons.... sigh. So much temptation at least it's affordable.

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crossing fingers for you to find them :)

      Delete
    2. I found the bright blue was looking for the pale one too but no luck, however I got a dupe of it in a swap anyway so i'm happy!

      Delete
  2. "Also bought a cute pair of oven mitts with a "Born to shop, Forced to cook" print, so me lol."

    The manufacturer must be one of your blog readers, lol. We can tell you're an amazing shopper with all the deals you score!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! You scored the Milani pencils?! Dang what a great deal! I was eyeing them cause there are more neutrals, but really don't need them...so I didn't buy on Cherry Couture (to ship to cousin). But yay~ Glad you did another Weekend finds~ I know you've been busy with moving and such, but I did miss your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I was super happy, had to hunt them down at 2 different locations lol. Will get you some. It's always exciting to hear that you miss my posts :)

      Delete