Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

7/17/2013

NOTD: Hard Candy Jubilee

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

Taking a break from textures, we have glitters today :)

Remember when Hard Candy announced their new nail polish release and everyone rushed to Walmart? Feels like it has been a long time now, so I thought I should post about one of them - Hard Candy Jubilee.

I don't know if anyone complained about the small bottle size yet, but I am going to. I used one of the Sprinkle shades about three times and it looked like it was a third empty already :( So with Jubilee, I went for a coloured base, to save on the glitter goodness and save time at removal.

The base for this mani was China Glaze I'm with the Lifeguard, 2 coats as it was a little sheer. On top of a darker green base, this would look like a swamp, as that was what I thought of when I saw the glitters. However, I aimed for a summery neon look, to brighten the base of Jubilee a bit.

Also did 2 coats of Jubilee for more glitter density. The interesting combination of glitter shapes, sizes (hex, fine and bar) and colours (silver, black, red) makes this shade quite unique, from a drugstore line.

Some bloggers experienced the curling issue with the bar glitters but I didn't, during the 2 days I wore this mani. Pheww!

Just take a deep breath to enjoy the beauty of Jubilee closeup :) I know bar glitters aren't everyone's cup of tea but I like them, something different in the stash.

Anyway, besides the small size (which might not be a bad thing to lots of you, this is just my problem lol), I am loving Jubilee. The good thing is none of these collections are LE, so I am in no rush.

Enjoy the sunshine out there and please wish me luck for the move this weekend. Hopefully I'll be back to regular posting schedule soon.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck *waves pom poms* you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the swatches and the heads up! Will watch for this one. :)

    Hope the move is going well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm just glad it was done. Wouldn't want to do it again ever :)

      Delete