Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

4/17/2013

FOTD: Maybelline Fuchsia Flash

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

My last day of this Toronto trip, I'm sad to leave the right Spring weather, the flat (not up hill) side walks, the fun meet-ups with blogger friends, and the good food. Let's have a bright FOTD :)

This look features a few repeats of Maybelline products that I enjoy:
- Color Sensational Vivid lipstick in Fuchsia Flash
- Dream Bouncy blush in Plum Wine
- Dream Lumi Touch highlight concealer in Buff
- Eye Studio Lasting Drama gel liner in Blackest Black.

Fuchsia Flash was confirmed to be a close dupe of the famous MAC Candy Yum Yum, just not matte and slightly less blue toned. I am so happy that I didn't run out to grab Candy Yum Yum when MAC re-released it. I love my Vivids, and this is just one extra reason why :)

Other face products:
- Sunscreen: La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL cream SPF60
- Serum: Vichy LiftActiv Serum 10
- Moisturizer: Yves Rocher Anti-age Global Day and Eye cream (reviewed yesterday)
- Foundation: Vichy Norma Teint Anti-imperfection foundation in Sand
- Brows: Yves Rocher eyebrow pencil in Brown.

The foundation was not full coverage, but it was a lazy day so I skipped the concealer and I was fine with that. I have come to terms with my face, old scars, new scars, it's all good.

For the eyes:
- Eyeshadows: Make Up Forever Aqua cream #5 Peach and Annabelle single eyeshadow in Aura for highlight
- Eyeliner: Annabelle Smoothie eyeshadow pencil in Licoriche smudged on the lower lash line
- Mascara: Annabelle Le Big Show mascara in Black.

It has been a while since I touched a gel liner, so I blame it on my crappy skills. If it doesn't look too bad in the pics, I have the angled liner brush to thank :)

Even for a lazy day like this, I know the list of products I used was still long. Last Friday when I packed for the trip, I was reminded again of how much stuff I needed. And the funny thing is I forgot the whole cosmetic bag at home and had to ask the cab driver to turn around to pick it up. Lucky that traffic was good, so I wasn't late checking in at the airport, but phewww I wouldn't know what to do with myself without my stuff :)

I'll post the collective weekend finds soon, some exciting things I got before and during my trip. Have you found any good scores lately?

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I like the subtle colour with the black eyeliner and bright lips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the lippy color! I found one similar at Walmart, by Cover Girl in #356 "Enchantress" It's a little lighter, and almost a toned down hot pink. It stains a bit, but I like it because it doesn't need as many touch ups. It's pretty matte, a little dry on the lips after a bit, but I just add some light pink gloss. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the CG Lip Perfection lipsticks are known for leaving a bit of staining effect, lots of people like them for that. I'll have to swatch Enchantress now that you mentioned it :)

      Delete
  3. lol I would make my driver go back to get my MU as well...
    Well actually when I went to Korea I purposefully/"accidentally" forgot to bring stuff so I could use that as an excuse to buy it there haha...

    Anyway, I've been dabbling back in to liquid/gel liners again as well...and found I lost whatever skills I had gained before -___- super uneven lately...so my mission for the next few weeks is to level it up again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually freaked out a little, but if I were going to Korea, def will purposely forget some stuff haha. And tell me about liquid liners, I'm so bad

      Delete