Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

3/20/2013

NOTD: W7 Metallic Venus

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

It has been a while since I got a bunch of W7 shades in the Nail polish haul last August. Thought it was time to pull one out to try.

This is W7 Metallic Venus, a purple blue duochrome. I was feeling a dark mood one day, and this fulfilled it. Dark but with a coloured kick. The world needs more duochromes with gorgeous shimmers like this :) I feel bad neglecting these W7 colours, they are great, just a bit hard to come by.

There is an important appearance/ hidden review of Wet n Wild Fergie nail polish in this post as well, stay tuned!

Here I did two thicker coats of Metallic Venus for full opacity, 3 thin coats would do as well. No application issue, and the brush is just the right size.

Talking about application and brush, Wet n Wild Fergie nail polish offers a totally different story.

I was excited when the WnW wall display at Walmart has these and bought Dutchess by the way it looked. It is a beautiful teal blue with different sizes of glitters (fine, round, hex) in blue, teal and hot pink.

Right? It looks super gorgeous in the bottle. When swatched, it was sheer, so I layered two coats of it on top of Metallic Venus on the ring finger.

It dried semi matte, which I didn't expect but I loved a surprise anyway. It would have been a perfect pairing between Metallic Venus and Dutchess (well, they looked awesome together here) if the brush did not give me such a hard time.

The bottle of the Fergie line is taller than normal WnW design, and someone decided that a wide brush is needed for that. Wide brushes do offer faster application but when they are too wide to fit through the bottle neck, we have a problem!

Yes, there is the solution to decant this into a different bottle with a good brush, but I shouldn't need to.

Here are the 2 brushes side by side - W7 on the left (same size as China Glaze brushes) and WnW Fergie on the right.

The WnW Fergie brush was huge! It was too wide and thick, makes it hard to not touch your cuticles while painting your nails (mess #1), and hard to dip the brush back in the bottle for the next swipe without flaring it or a few bristles getting caught by the bottle neck (mess #2).

I can't imagine the shape of this brush after about 3-4 mani, if it doesn't fall apart, at least it would look like a dog had gone at it (not that a dog would eat a nail polish brush, but you get my point). I love Dutchess as a colour but it is probably not worth fighting with the brush for.

So Metallic Venus is a good nail polish, and Dutchess is a so so. Have a safe day out there fighting with travelling after a snow storm, Haligonians.

0 comments:

Post a Comment