Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

2/04/2013

NOTD: Essence Style Me Holo

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

And... it's Monday again. We had crazy snowfall yesterday and since it was Sunday, not much snow removal was done. School kids have Snow Day today but not for adults :)

I wanted to wear a dark shade to disguise my nubs (had to trim them all down because of a split) and pulled out Style Me Holo from Essence Nails in Style collection (Europe exclusive, Summer 2011).

Note this bottle shape, not the typical Essence design, and the lovely pink feathery pattern on the silver cap. The brush was great, not too wide nor narrow.

I did two coats here for full opacity.

Not as the name suggested, Style Me Holo is a duochrome that flashes teal, blue and purple at different lightings and angles. Exactly what I wanted on my nails, based on last night's mood :) I couldn't help but staring at my nails at times, especially when I am reading.

It's a shame that Essence hinted this colour to be a holo, but it's not a big deal since it is an awesome shade. It's also a shame that it was not available in North America. It was an LE too.

See the crazy colour flash here? Most of the time, my nails look teal and dark blue but when the light hits, that green comes out so strong. We need more colours like this in the world!

That's all I have for today, yeah, I'm slow on Mondays :) If you weren't on the blog yesterday, check out Shoppers' BOGO offers for this week, plus the Benefit's free lipstick promotion, also at Shoppers. Looks like we are going to have some good time at our favorite drugstore for a while.

Hope your week starts on a good positive note. If you take advantage of the sales, come back and let me know what you get :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment