Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

1/30/2013

MUFE All Eyes on You

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

Because of vacation at the end of last year, I am so late on featuring Make Up For Ever's LE All Eyes on You kit, released for the holidays, CAD65.

Though the kit is no longer available, individual products still are. And I found gems in this kit, so with Valentine's coming up, if you need to treat yourself, pick a few products that appeal to you and go to town :)

The little box in the lower left corner is the Holodiam powder #303 - also LE. All I can say is keep your eyes wide open so you don't miss MUFE's next holiday offer.

The All Eyes on You kit includes some of MUFE's top selling products:
- Smoky Lash Extra Black mascara - full sized (0.23oz), reg. CAD25
- Aqua Eyes Waterproof eyeliner pencils in 0L and 21L, full sized (0.04oz/ 1.2g), reg. CAD20 each
- HD High Definition powder (0.17oz/ 5g), CAD18
- Aqua cream #16 Pink Beige, full sized (0.21oz/ 6g), CAD26.

And the Holodiam powder #303 (sitting on the left side edge of the plastic holder) has 0.035oz/ 1g, $25. 

The star of the kit, to me, is the Smoky Lash Extra Black mascara.

I have never tried Make Up For Ever's mascaras but heard lots of good things about Smoky Lash. Meant to offer you all - volume, length and curl, it is one good selling mascara at the brand.

And it almost did all that for me, offered good volume and length. I said almost, because my curl just doesn't hold well, born with it and live with it since, not the mascara's fault. With Smoky Lash, I didn't have to reach for a second mascara to add extra push to the lashes. It is not wet (which I prefer), and the bristles are of good size and length, feel comfortable on the lashes.

I'm used to drugstore mascaras for daily use, so Smoky Lash would be for night outs and weekends that I want something great. And if I can get it as part of a kit, I would definitely get my money worth,

The Aqua Eyes Waterproof eyeliner pencils are something too.

The colours are intense and true to what they describe. 0L is a satin, almost matte black, and 21L is a metallic dark grey. Standard must-haves in your stash, I must say.

I personally do not prefer matte eyeliners, cause I like the extra oomph on the lash lines, but this black was not completely matte and I surprised myself using it quite often. The grey is a good alternative when you get bored with black.

And these are truly waterproof, need special makeup remover to get them all off. Do not smudge or move anywhere once they set. Good stuff!

The High Definition powder, I had the chance to try it in the HD Complexion Starter kit, and it was great.

The Aqua cream #16 Pink Beige has beautiful shimmers, I would say a step up from the #5 Peach I have. I have been using them together, #16 on top of #5 just add the right amount of sheen. Perfect!

The Holodiam powder #303 is a white pigment with blue, green and gold highlights. The colours in the powder cannot be captured on camera or when used alone but are great on top of a dark base. I am sad that it is no longer around but hoping for a comeback next holidays.

Here are the swatches of the Aqua Eyes pencils 0L and 21L and Aqua cream #16.

Next to 21L, 0L does look matte, but like I mentioned above, it looks more satin on my eyes. Pigmentation of the liners, again, is great. I definitely give 21L extra points for being metallic lol.

And the Aqua cream also carries that great metallic shine. It is a pink, which I don't normally wear but is great as a wash colour on the lid and a subtle highlight/ blush as well.

Swatches of the Holodiam powder #303, by itself on the right and on top of the two Aqua Eyes pencils on the left.

This shows that the best way to use this powder is on top of a black. Perfect for a glittery smoky eye or dark liner. It is not gritty that causes discomfort, and with a base, fallout can be under control.

Did I get you into a festive mood with this review, by any chance? :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment