12/09/2012Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty
Featuring products from the tarte Carried Away Collectors set:
- The second quad down on the left: Pebble Beach in the inner corners, Spanish Sangria as a transition colour, Boston Brick all over the lids and Napa Grapes in the crease
- Maracuja lip gloss in Ali (no lip liner or lipstick underneath)
- Amazonian Clay 12-Hour blush in Adventurous with a fluffy brush. The blush looked pretty intense here but trust me, I only slightly dabbed the brush twice and applied on both cheeks on one go. I wanted to see how far this blush could take me, and you see it was pretty far :)
- Lights, Camera, Lashes! 4-In-1 mascara
- Amazonian Clay finishing powder, using the Blushing Beauty Domed Blush brush that comes with the set, with dabbing and sweeping motions (despite the suggested usage for a blush).
- Hourglass No28 primer serum as both moisturizer and primer
- tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage balancing foundation SPF15 in Tan
- Cover Fx Conceal Fx Camouflage concealer in Light
- Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Too Cool as eye base
- Sephora + Pantone Universe Foil waterproof eyeliners in Rose Gold and Purple
- Yves Rocher eyebrow pencil in Brown.
If I haven't stressed enough, tarte Carried Away is really a great makeup set with almost everything you would need for a look (or many), and like I mentioned before, with so many options of colour combinations. If tarte needs some suggestions, I would prefer a foundation instead of a brush (as one brush is not enough, and I would bring a brush set separately anyway), and maybe replace half of the glosses with lipsticks for texture and finish variety.
Updates on my vacation: it has been a week, I have been eating and relaxing well. Sleeping is still a little out of sync due to jet lag but nothing to complain about. Just spent two days at a beach resort with the family, the weather has been great (i.e. not too hot nor rainy). I miss interacting with everybody on here and twitter though, and miss the holiday spirit in the air too. Haven't shopped since the day I left either, that doesn't sound like me, does it? Hope you all are doing well.