Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

10/31/2012

Les Produits Genevieve

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

It is still raining, and probably tomorrow too. My only hope is trick-or-treating won't be too wet tonight. Poor Squirt!

I have for you today Les Produits Genevieve - a Montreal-based bath and body product company. I always get a kick out of hearing from a Canadian brand.

The introduction of their soaps being handcrafted from natural vegetable bases, and lotions and butters being handmade with natural ingredients got me excited. Note that there are (natural and artificial) fragrances and colorants in the products.

The first product I received was the Eucalyptus Lavender Liquid soap. Lovely packaging - dark plastic bottle with a sturdy pump and cute logo pattern on the label (colour coordinated with the packaging).

I am very familiar with eucalyptus scent but never in a soap. It would wake you up at the first whiff but does not linger too long. I can't detect the lavender note though. The scent takes a bit of getting used to but I now look forward to washing my hands lol.

The soap is clear, almost has a beige tint, the consistency is between a gel and a liquid. It is not drying on my hands, which is great.

Ingredients: Glycerin, water, Cocos Nucifera (coconut) oil, Potassium hydroxide, Ricinus Communis (castor) seed oil, Olea Europaea (olive) oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (lavender) oil, Eucalytus Globus (eucalyptus) oil.

There are other scents with the soap, feel free to browse the site. The liquid soap is $10 for 4oz/ 120ml. Available on their website and a few store locations (in QC).

This next product, I can't say I tried before: Tea Tree and Spearmint Pumice Stone Foot soap.

I love the convenience of this, a soap that exfoliates my feet (the white side) while making them soft and smell good (the green side).

The exfoliation is not as intense as a regular pumice stone, but I kinda enjoy it that way, great for everyday use. I start with the green side to clean my feet, then circle the white side around to tend to rough spots on the feet. Follow up with a foot cream (or body butter) and you are good to go (to bed, lol).

The soap does have a scent but it is very subtle.

Ingredients: Vegetable soap base (Glycerin, Sodium Stearate, Myristate de Sodium, Cocos Nucifera oil (coconut), Selaeis Guinnesis oil (palm), Limnanthes Alba seed oil (meadowfoam), Rosmarinus Officinalis oil (rosemary), Sorbitol, Titanium Dioxide, water), Pumice, Melaleuca Alternifolia (tea tree) leaf oil, Mentha Viridis (speamint) leaf oil, Mentha Piperita (peppermint) oil, colorant.

The product comes with a tight clear plastic wrap, inside the green plastic sleeve. Again, the colour coordination is a nice touch. Retails $12 (or 3 for $30) for 113g.

Besides soaps, Les Produits Genevieve also makes lotions (in different scents, or you can even ask for a custom scent), cuticle cream, rose salve, etc. If you are not in Quebec, shipping is free for all Canadian orders over $40. There is a 10% off code on the front page: "Genevieve", limited time only.

0 comments:

Post a Comment