Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

8/01/2012

NOTD: True Colors Mystic Grape

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

Yay, it's August, my birthday month. Halifax started out the new month with rain, but I try to keep my mood up, hoping August is an improvement from July. 2 injuries on my feet (hence no gym for a week or two). I'm broken lol.

This is the first True Colors shade I tried, and it is awesome! Mystic Grape is a good name for it. I felt like a purple and yellow combo, so here it is :)

There are fine and chunkier purple glitters mixed in a clear base, felt like an indie nail polish. The best news is it only costs $1.99 instead of $8-10 on etsy.

The base is Revlon Top Speed in Electric, another favorite of mine. It's not the best yellow, mind you, but it is not streaky, the colour is vibrant and not sheer.

I left the pinkie without base so you can see Mystic Grape by itself, 2 coats on each nail. It definitely a layer polish.

The wear was great, and because of the base, removal of those glitters was not a pain either. I am loving the glitter trend, all sizes, all shapes (except stars and hearts, lol), all colours.

A close up so you can see Mystic Grape better. Well worth the $2 I spent, don't you think?

If you are wondering about the True Colors brand, it is only available at Lawtons in the Maritimes, as far as I know. The brand is imported into Canada by Daree Imports & Sales in Mississauga. There is supposed to be a website but it is not active at the moment, so it's a dead end again.

Lawtons so far has 2 displays out - the Gems glitter collection which Mystic Grape is a part of, and Nude collection with nude and pink shades. I can't wait to try more shades from this brand.

0 comments:

Post a Comment