Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

5/28/2012

bdellium Amazon exclusives

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

Look what I finally got my greedy hands on!

You all know how much I adore bdellium Tools' gorgeous yellow and green brushes and the stash keeps growing every chance I get. So of course when bdellium released these Amazon exclusive brushes, I gotta have them.

They are two of the best seller brushes at bdellium, the purple colour on the bristles is exclusive, and LE. The handles are black (the colour of the Maestro line) but the ferrules are made of anodized aluminum (like the Studio line), and the bristles are not antibacterial.

The brushes feel a bit heavier than the ones with green handles, and the longer handles take a bit of getting used to, but I love them all the same.

Note that the bristle colour is not accurate, as like I said they are purple. My camera just decided to make it look more blue. I'm showing you the stock pic below for the correct colour.

This is the #955 Finishing brush, $8.93 at the moment (42% off). I use it mostly for cream blushes and sometimes for liquid foundation too when I want a sheerer look.

The #957 Precision Kabuki, $9.94 right now (45% off), is known for flawless application of liquid foundations, thanks to the flat top. The bristles are more dense, provide better coverage.

So right off the bat, you might not need these purples if you already own the same brushes from current yellow Studio or green Bambu lines. The longer handles might be a pro for some but a con for others, depending how close you are normally to the mirror while doing makeup.

For me, I'm glad to add these brushes to my collection and they will certainly get lots of love. I wear foundation almost every day and never have enough brushes to rotate. And they are good brushes, to add.

If you want to get these brushes, I would suggest a joint order and ship it to someone you know in the US. Amazon shipping in the US is free with $25 orders as these deals are part of Super Saving Shipping. They are not the kindest when it comes to international shipping, unfortunately.

As these brushes are Amazon exclusives, they won't be available at IMATS LA next month. There are still lots of brushes to check out at the show. I do hope bdellium brushes become more accessible for those outside US in the near future.

2 comments:

  1. I only heard of bdellium recently after reading some IMATS reviews from the New York show. As I am headed to the US soon for work, I ordered these and had them shipped to my hotel. I hope I love them as much as you do. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's dedication, Rebecca :) I hope you like them too, let me know

      Delete