Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

7/13/2011

NOTD: Klean Color Chunky Holo Purple

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

Told you I didn't waste a minute to try out my Klean Color goodies :) Decided on a purple theme, so I pulled out LA Girls Color Addict in Habit - the only purple in the bunch I got from the line to pair up with a Klean Color chunky holo.

You probably have seen spectacular NOTDs using a black base with them already. I was curious to see how the chunky holos interact with the base in the same colour family. Well, the verdict is it's a lot more subtle this way.

I did not take any pictures with Habit alone, as it was late at night when I did my nails and I know the flash would distort purples. I went ahead and added Klean Color Chunky Holo Purple on top, and this is what I got :)

This pic was taken by the window with natural light the next morning, no flash. Please click to enlarge to see the glitters in full view. The glitters look red most of the time in the sheer purple base, but change colours depending on the angles.

The next 2 pics were taken in the sun. I feel bad I can't show you how pretty the glitters are on my nails, as I swear they are there with all glory.

It's interesting to find that they show up very strong in the shade but are shy to the sun. I learn something new everyday with nail polish, believe it or not :) Next time I'll include some shots in the shade for sure.

For now, let's enjoy the pretty purple that Habit is, and the subtle red glitters that shine on top of it.
Close up, also in the sun. You can see all the multichrome goodness in the bottle better here.

All in all, this is an awesome purple mani that I love. I wore it all weekend. It didn't take much effort to remove the polish as it does most glittery polish.

Seriously, at this point, you don't need me to tell you how awesome these Klean Color chunky holos are. Though the name isn't very accurate (as they aren't holos), they are so fun to play with, and curve the cravings for serious (and more expensive) flakies, glass flecks, multichromes out there :)

5 comments:

  1. Love it! Especially the KleanColor chunky holo. Where did you buy the nail polishes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie, thank you :)

    Kelly, you probably missed my weekend find posts where I mentioned the chunky holos. I got them from Beauty Joint, cheaper than getting it from Klean Color website

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow, that's such a lovely color! i need to start prowling my beauty supply store more for great finds

    Vonnie
    http://www.socialitedreams.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janella, thanks :)

    Socialitedreams, beauty supply stores are great places to find Klean Color

    ReplyDelete