Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

12/08/2010

NOTD: Sally Hansen Grape Going revisited

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

So I heard certain parts of Ontario have been mostly buried in snow. Here we had rain yesterday, at times it switched to snow which was confusing :) They say we have about a third of the amount of snow we got at this time of year last year. Interesting!

Ok, back to the NOTD, lol. It doesn't happen very often that I feature a nail polish colour twice on this blog. There must be a reason :)

I posted a Ruffian NOTD with Sally Hansen Grape Going before, mentioning that at 3 coats, the purple was a bit overwhelming the blue sheen. So I bring it back today.

This time, I did 2 coats with Grape Going, and it is a perfect balance between the 2 colours. The blue shines through and the purple looks like an iridescent jelly, creates some depth to the mani. I really like it.

I wore Grape Going by itself on Friday, decided to add some bling on top for the weekend. And Claire's Chunky Gold came to mind.

If you don't have this colour, it is very pretty with both fine and large gold glitters nicely dispersed in the clear base. I didn't have to fish for the chunky pieces, which is a plus.

I hope you can see both kinds of glitters in this shot. The fine glitters show up more like gold shimmers, making a good background for the chunkies. And it's still clear enough to let Grape Going shine through, just mutes the blue sheen a bit.

Normally I wouldn't pair purple and gold, but this mani turns out ok, right? I wore it for a good 3 days until Sunday night. The wear was pretty good to last me that long. Hope you like this look. I'll get to an Ozotic this weekend, so come back for that. Stay safe and warm where you are!

2 comments: