Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

5/05/2010

NOTD: OPI DS Treasure

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

Last Saturday, I treated myself a manicure at Chatters. Didn't know what to expect, as I only had manis back home, and I know it's not the same lol.

The place wasn't busy when I got there. Squirt and I just came from having dim sum with my friend, so it was a good afternoon.

So, my cuticles were groomed, the nails were filed, buffed and all that jazz. I enjoyed it, the girl was doing quite a good job. A little disappointed when it came to choosing the colour, as she only had about 10 shades, most were in the pink/ red family.

I picked this beautiful shimmery orange shade - DS Treasure. Yes, it looked orange in the bottle but the pink base took over the nails, only a tiny shine of orange on top - it didn't even show up with the flash, did it? Plus it was sheer, 3 coats and still VNL.

I'm still not feeling this colour. Did see swatches on some blogs that it did show up orange. So either I got a bad bottle or I had to do like 5 coats to see more orange. So this DS failed on me.

If you haven't already, come enter my Gosh giveaway :-) I was hoping for a good turnout. Good day!

2 comments:

  1. That does not look like Treasure? It's odd how polish can look so different on different skin tones, its still very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie, yes I was disappointed as the orange didn't show up on me at all. I didn't want another pink :-)

    ReplyDelete