Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

5/12/2010

FOTD: Mother's Day

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

This post was inspired by the "Makeup your Mama" contest on Lipstick Rules. Squirt has been asking me to play with makeup, so that was what we did on Mother's Day :-)

She never touched a makeup brush before, so we opted for neutral colours, just to be on the safe side, lol. She picked a mauvy purple for me, and a bright pink for herself. I didn't take any close up pics for the eye makeup, as I only had a bit of concealer on and didn't feel "covered" enough :-)













She didn't do a bad job in applying lipstick for me, with a brush, either. For herself, I suggested a tinted lip balm. That was all she had on. She is more tanned than I am, and the pink cheeks are natural. Wish I could go bare face and still look good like she does :-) Squirt sure had fun, and was proud of herself. She even got goofy for the camera, lol.

This is one of the more serious shots the bf took for us. We hardly have full body pics unless he's around to take them :-)

I had a great day that day. As Squirt grows every year, she knows how to celebrate Mother's Day. She made me a card and promised to give me a shoulder massage. I was a proud mama :-)

Head on to Lipstick Rules to check out the contest entries, the mamas all look like they had fun. And that's all that matters, right?

I'll be flying off to Toronto for work tonight. Looking forward to seeing the TBBs (Toronto Beauty Bloggers, for those of you who haven't heard of the terms) and my best friend in the weekend, certainly some shopping and eating fun too.

Don't forget to enter my Gosh giveaway. It is a thank you to you guys, my readers, so enter away.

13 comments:

  1. Love the pics , you both look gorgeous and she is such a sweetheart. Love her smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two look super cute, and I think your daughter did a fabulous job! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg sooooooo cute!!! XD
    and love the tights! i <3 polka dots :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww I finally get to see you and squirt's beautiful faces!! :) She is an mua in the making !! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww beautiful ladies you both are! she did a fantastic job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, your girl is a beauty! And she did a pretty good job if I say so myself (:

    Glad to hear you had a Good Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these pictures! She is just toooo cute!! She did an amazing job with your makeup - way to go Squirt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww you look so cute with her =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, thanks so much ladies for the support. I am overwhelmed :-)

    ReplyDelete