Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

3/08/2010

NOTD: L'Oreal Black Gold

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

Happy International Women's Day, ladies :-) Perfect reason to celebrate us, don't you think? Today I have My very first... L'Oreal Resist & Shine Titanium Blacks collection.

This is the bottle shot of Black Gold, with all the glory of it :-) It's pretty unique, rectangular in shape, thin on the side, quite cute.

When the lid comes off, however, inside is a not-too-pretty cap that looks like it belongs to a medicine bottle. Why ruined my admiration of a sleek design by this? The flat shape also made it a little uncomfortable wiping the brush on the bottle neck before painting. I was afraid it would fall over.

It's small too (only 9ml). It'd suck paying full price, as it is around CAD10 (if I remember corrrectly). I got it on clearance for CAD4, so I shouldn't complain :-)

I chose Black Gold to try for the weekend, as I love the antique gold shimmers that I see in the bottle. Unfortunately, the shimmers didn't transfer well to the nails, as the shade appeared pure black when applied.

In the picture, with flash, you could see a bit shimmers reflecting the light. But with naked eyes, I can't see it.

I don't have problems with black, but the fact that the bottle promised shimmers and didn't deliver disappointed me.

Didn't want to wear a pure black on the nails, so I zinged it up. 1 layer of Wet 'n Wild Sparked down about 3/4 of the nails toward the free edge, and another layer of Claire's Sparkle down to half the nails. Was trying the gradient effect but didn't show very well :-)

On the thumbs, I added a layer of China Glaze Atlantis down half way. I was just playing around,

A black like this would be a perfect base for a coloured flakie which I don't think I own any yet. For now, I would suggest L'Oreal to call this polish just "Black", lol.

I spent almost all day yesterday documenting my nail polishes. It was quite a chore, lol. I took a lot of pictures, so it might be too much for one post. As a few of you requested to see my "collection", does that make sense to you to follow through different posts or you prefer everything in 1 post? I certainly don't want to over do it. Let me know, please!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so sad about black gold. It looked sooo promising.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I totally love your blog. Sorry your nail polish experience was such a drag. BTW, I am following you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I am too, Perry :-)

    Detail Diva Events, thanks so much. I have better luck with others, so 1 bad polish is ok :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry this was a bummer for you! I agree with you about that shimmer. I really like the other ones that I tried, though, the color was more apparent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy, after seeing your swatches, I have better hope for the other shades :-)

    ReplyDelete