Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

1/14/2010

NOTD: Piggy Paint Dragon Tears

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

If you have a daughter, you'd know that she always wants to look like Mommy and to do what Mommy does. I'm always nervous everytime Squirt wants to have her nails painted when I paint mine, as nail polishes aren't exactly safe for kids :-) - until the day I won a 3-bottle gift pack from Piggy Paint. Their polishes are supposed to be "for little girls, natural as mud, non-toxic, odorless and kid-friendly". Retail at $9/ bottle or $25/ pack of 3, they are up there with the higher end brands (OPI, Essie, etc.) though. Hard to be all natural huh, lol.

This is Dragon Tears from the loot, described as a light green pearl polish. Light enough to be work safe, but a little too light to my liking. Just right for Squirt though. Here you have my hand instead of Squirt's as I forgot to take her picture, lol.

Application, I found, is a little different than most other polishes, don't know whether it's because the polish is water-based or not. Wear wise, it chipped after day 2. To be fair though, I normally get a chipped nail or two after day 2 or 3 with most of the brands anyway. I'm hard on my nails, you see?

The best selling point of this polish for me is that it doesn't smell. I felt like I was applying coloured water on my nails, as there wasn't any of the particular scent of nail polish. And when it's safe for Squirt to use, I'm sold. Next time I'll let her model the other 2 shades for you :-)

For now, I'm already thinking about what polish I would be wearing for the weekend, lol.

3 comments:

  1. Non-stinky polish? Sounds great, considering I get the headache almost everytime I put my nail polish on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom always complains about the stink of nail-polish and nail polish remover in my room whenever I do my nails.

    That's cute that she has her own safe product to do her nails (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Biba and Arezu, the nail polish scent did bother us, didn't it?

    ReplyDelete