Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

8/27/2009

Goodbye Jane!

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

This is a quite late alert, but I just found out today: Jane is pulling out from Superstore! And that means there is a huge clearance sale on whatever left on the shelf.

I visit the cosmetics section at Superstore every week when we're there for groceries, except the last 2 weeks, as the bf is away. And Jane picked this exact time to go on sale. Imagine my disappointment when I saw the almost-empty shelf. I love Jane's shadow palettes and bronzers!!!

So, this is my consolation purchase:
- Be Pure Mineral lip balms in Pink Quartz, Pink Garnet, Rose Quartz, Deep Amber (tinted), and Eucalyptus (clear).
- Blushing Cheeks blushes in Blushing Earth Sheer and Blushing Petal
- Endless Eyes liquid eye liners in Midnight and Chianti.
These items are CAD1.50 (more or less) each, around 75% off.

The 2 Revlon nail polishes in Midnight Affair (deep navy, darker than how it looks in the picture) and Plum Attraction (deep purple) are just to ease the pain of Jane loss :-( They were on for CAD2.44 each (half price). The only other place that I saw Jane is Zellers. Just wonder whether she's gonna pull out from there too.

On a happier note: Annabelle Custom Quads has arrived at Superstore and Walmart, with the 12 regular shades (no LE shades). No indication of the free palette promo with purchase of 4 shadows like what Shoppers offers, but better coverage of the brand at different stores means they do some work in marketing and PR. Let's hope!

On a not very happy note: It was cold this morning - 11 degrees. It has been a lot cooler after Bill left the area, it seemed like he took the summer with him too. And Danny is expected to land some time this weekend. 2 hurricanes in 1 week, that's gotta be a record.

8 comments:

  1. Soo sad.. i loved jane stuff.. the onl collection from 6 yrs ago rocked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just in Superstore today -- i should have picked up a palette or two. It wasnt marked down yet and there was a big selection.

    I did pick up the other Milani Roulette shadow palette! last one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tali, I know, right? They don't do much promo in Canada, too bad.

    Michelle, good to know it doesn't happen everywhere. Maybe you can keep an eye on them for me, lol.

    I did see the Roulette palettes at my Superstore too, the only thing from Milani. Why not the whole line, I'm surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i never knew they sold jane in canada :O is it at the loblawss superstore? and nice nail polish colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen the Jane line near me and I've been dying to try it out for years , like since I was a teenager.
    You got some great consolation stuff though and you really can't beat the price that you got them at.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now Jane really needs to do some PR, as Gee xo and Naomi didn't know she's even here in Canada. Check out Loblaws/Superstore or Zellers, hopefully you will see Jane. The shelf might be small to be noticeable, so make sure you check with the staff there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such sad news, but aren't those Jane Mineral Lip Balms nice? I loooove mine. So silky on the lips.

    ReplyDelete
  8. R, surprisingly, the lip balms are the only item that had quite a few left on the shelf. I always think a girl can't have too many lip balms, so I stocked up :-)

    ReplyDelete