Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

9/02/2014

Yves Rocher Fall eye makeup

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

If I haven't sold you on Yves Rocher Sheer Botanical lipsticks yesterday, or if you are more of an eyeshadow type of girl, their Quad Eyeshadow Sumptuous Colors are totally worth checking out.

Remember how much I enjoyed the eyeshadows from the Summer collection and said I want this formula in more eyeshadows, maybe a palette? Well, I got my wish. Yves Rocher brought out these quads, and added mattes to the mix!

The rice extract grants them the soft texture and the ease to apply and blend, plus great pigmentation and wear time, and no fall out!

The eyeshadows are meant to be used dry or wet (to bring out the metallic sheen and intense colour payoff) but I won't recommend a damp brush on matte eyeshadows to avoid a hardened spot left on the surface.

The two shades I received are 03 Subtle Aquatic (Aquatique Subtil, above) and 06 Incandescent Brown (Brun Incandescent).

I totally dig the beautiful and shiny rose gold packaging, a step up from the plastic case in the Summer collection. A step up in size too, these are almost twice as big as the trio.

Don't ask me which one I like better, as with only two quads and I already have a hard time choosing a favorite. Well, one for day and the other for night time, problem solved, right? :)

Here are the shades in closeup. The flash washed them out a little but showed the finish contrast better.

The matte shades in the lower right corner are meant to be used as eyeliners, but you know I wouldn't limit myself to that. They are fabulous matte eyeshadows that deserve to be the center of attention. Check out how they swatch below, without primer.


Don't think I need to say more. There are 6 quads in total in this Fall release, 4x0.04oz/ 4x1.2g, $20, on sale for $11 each. Totally recommend these!

Yves Rocher also introduces a Volume Elixir mascara in Black this time around.

Still paying attention to volume (since the Sexy Pulp Collector Ultra Volume mascara last year), the brand includes Hibiscus Peptides in the new fluid cream formula to nourish and strengthen the lashes.

I was happy to see the standard-sized conical brush in this mascara (vs. the bell shape in the Sexy Pulp Collector one) as it takes care of the short lashes in the inner corners of my eyes without being too bulky on the other end.

Similarly, I get good wear out of this mascara and no clumping, smudging, flaking happened during the day.

Also available in Brown and Blue, the mascara has 0.3oz/ 9ml of product, retails for $22, on sale for $12 right now.

And lastly, the Eyeliners in 02 Black and 04 Sapphire.

The novice me enjoys the felt tip with precision. I can make fine lines or double/ triple up for thicker lines. The liners dry quickly and once they do, they stay on well.

I did thick lines here for colour illustration. The shot was taken right after application, so there were still wet spots at the top of the lines.

The Black shade is not the darkest I have seen, but it gets the job done. I am smitten with the Sapphire though, pairing it with the darker blue liner on the lower lash line that I have been wearing ever so often.

The brand suggests a shake of the tube before use. The liners are 0.08oz/ 2.5ml, $16 regularly, on sale for $9 each at the moment.

If you only get one thing from Yves Rocher Fall collection, the quad should be it. But good luck picking just one quad. Wait, the sheer lipsticks are fabulous too. Never mind... Check out the FOTD I did with a few products featured here, and a holiday FOTD to add to the fun :)

2 comments:

  1. Love the matte eyeliner. Especially the blue. The quads are really nice, too!

    ReplyDelete