Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

11/28/2011

NOTD: Orly Purple Velvet

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

I'm back, kinda :) If you don't recall from my previous post, I am on vacation at my parents'. I can't promise to blog as often as I normally do, but I miss blogging (and talking to you all), so I'll pop in here and there if I have something exciting enough to show you.

This mani is not new, but it is cute. I was wearing Orly Purple Velvet here. It is a matte shade as you can see on all my nails except the middle finger.

This is 2 coats, and it is pretty opaque. It looks pretty both matte and glossy. As I grew to love purples, this Purple Velvet is a must have in my book.

I like Orly matte shades, they are quite unique and pretty. We all know how tricky matte nail polish can be, still that does not stop us from hauling some :)

I do have some review posts in draft and am hoping to finish them up to post. But for now, I am indulging in family love and home cooked food. I am home every 2 years, so I want to take full advantage of the time I have here.

Want to hear me babbling about the trip to get here? My flight was long, so I did a lot of people watching. I flew on a full Boeing 777 for 2 out of the 3 legs of the trip, and saw like 40 elderly people travelling with wheelchairs. It was quite a surprise, in previous trips, I saw many 2-3 wheelchairs max. Maybe it was near the year end or something, I don't know. Just hope I could still travel places like them when I get old :)

It was certainly a huge change from the quietness and the snowy weather of Halifax to the hot air filled with buzzing noise of Asia, so I'm staying in for the first few days. Hope you all are doing well.

6 comments:

  1. I agree, this is a must have for purple lovers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your having a good vacation!!! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I havent actually worn a full matte mani as of yet.
    I really need to get on that, but Ive been lotioning up a lot so that would ruin it...
    maybe ill skip out on the lotion for a day :P

    eat lots and re-energize w the families love :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies :)

    Rasilla, full matte mani is quite fun but we are always tempted to glossify it after

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice purple!
    I havent worn a full matte yet but someday im gonna try lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Matte polish does take some getting used to, but this shade is worth it :)

    ReplyDelete