Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

6/27/2016

Maybelline Loaded Bolds lipsticks

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

It's lip product week! It seems all I have been buying are lipsticks and the like, might as well show them to you back to back :)

Gotta start with Maybelline Color Sensational Loaded Bolds lipsticks, supposedly with honey nectar, hyper-colour pigments for creamy and opaque one-stroke intensity.

According to Beauty Geek, Canada gets 12 of the 20 shades available in the US. The display I found at Shoppers didn't even have 12, so I got 5: Raging Raisin, Smoking Red, Dynamite Red, Berry Bossy and Violet Vixen.

I could not, for the life of me, get colour accurate on the dark blue cap (it just showed up black in the picture), so I did not include the full tube shot.

In the shade, the colours are a lot more toned down, but don't let that fool you. They stay quite true to the name, quite bold and pigmented.

Mind you, there are neutral toned shades besides the crazy blue and black, so I trust that everyone can find a colour (or two) they like from the range. And it is worth it, because the Color Sensational lipstick quality maintains and I could not find anything I don't like about the Loaded Bolds.

So just let me show you the swatches then encourage you to grab a few when you find the display. They do carry a sheen, not matte, if you are wondering.

Raging Raisin is on the darker side, with similar colour tone as Smoking Red, both are very beautiful on the lips. Dynamite Red is classic, with light orange undertone, flattering on medium skin tone. Berry Bossy and Violet Vixen are slightly less pigmented in the sense that I needed to go over the swatches again for consistent opacity.

The other 7 that are supposed to be in Canada: Midnight Blue (LE), Pitch Black (LE), Gone Greige, Mauve It, Fiery Fuchsia, Midnight Merlot and Rebel Pink. The 8 shades we are missing out on include Sapphire Siren, Chocoholic, Coffee Addiction, Orange Danger, Nude Thrill, Greyed Over It, Wickedly White and Blackest Berry.

Have your shopping list ready :) The tube is Color Sensation standard size - 0.15oz/ 4.2g, reg. $12.99 at Shoppers, I got them on sale for $5.99 each.

2 comments:

  1. That is so lame that we don't get all the colors. Oh well. Violet Vixen sure looks fun! :D

    ReplyDelete