Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

3/16/2016

Physicians Formula #InstaReady BB

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

Facts: I cannot get away with just the sheer coverage of a BB cream on the face and I don't do selfies. That, however, did not stop me from grabbing Physicians Formula #InstaReady Super BB cream off the shelf :)

The InstaFilter technology in the formula features a blend of mattifying and pore-balancing spherical particles, color filter pigments and polymers to supposedly blur imperfections and visibly retexturize skin. "Complexion is instantly selfie-ready!", hence the hashtag.

I could confirm the claims of effortless blendability and semi matte lightweight finish but need to stress that this BB cream has thicker texture than what you might be used to. It still blends easily, so don't be alarm when you see how it comes out of the tube.

The blurring/ retexturizing claim, however, not very visible, on my skin at least. I don't normally expect it from a BB cream anyway, so I am fine with that. Unless you have naturally perfect skin, you will not be #InstaReady with this BB cream alone.

The brand suggests to shake the product before each use, but I normally forget to do this and it performs fine so far :) The skin is evened out, good for a casual no-makeup day, or it is ready for concealer for a work day. Setting powder is optional with this finish.

I chose the Light/ Medium shade, which matches my skin tone perfectly (seen below across the bottom), in comparison to the brand's ABC cushion foundation in Light/ Medium (left, review tomorrow) and L'Oreal True Match Lumi cushion foundation in N3.5 Classic Buff (right).

The BB cream is paraben/ gluten/ fragrance and cruelty free. The tube is 1.2oz/ 35ml, $20. Also available in Light, no chance for darker skin tones unfortunately.

2 comments:

  1. I still haven't managed to find a Western BB cream that gets it done for me. I need coverage!

    ReplyDelete