Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

12/08/2014

Maybelline Creamy mattes

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

I finally found a full display of Maybelline Color Sensational creamy matte lipsticks at Shoppers more than a week ago when they were 20% off (reg. $10.49 each).

I don't know if these dark plum tubes are still hot commodity anymore to you guys, but they are to me and the latest release from Maybelline Color Sensational (Rebel Blooms, with hot pink tubes) does not interest me much.

So if you need to be reminded of how some of the colours look and feel, let me show you :)

Like I mentioned before, the line has 10 shades in total but 2 are US exclusives - Nude Embrace and Divine Wine.

Divine Wine, since the moment it came out in the US, has already been the center of the collection, and once again, like Brazen Berry in the Vivids collection, it did not make it to Canada. I was lucky to have a friend CP'ing it for me.

Here I have Touch of Spice, Lust for Blush, Siren in Scarlet and Divine Wine to swatch for you today.

Even with high anticipation, I still gasped when I twisted up the tubes and saw the bullets. I'm just gonna be short and sweet and tell you they were just as beautiful and dreamy as everyone said.

The swatches are in the same order as above. Divine Wine (far right), being a darker shade, does need a bit of smoothing over to avoid a bit of patchiness but the colour is worth it. Touch of Spice (far left) is my everyday shade, leaving Lust of Blush and Siren in Scarlet in standby rotation :)

If you haven't got yourself some creamy mattes, what are you waiting for? Check out my FOTD with Touch of Spice while you are at it :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment