Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

11/26/2014

FOTD: Marcelle Smoky Chestnut

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

I am running low on sleep (and motivation) for a few days now, dark circles and all. Glad I took advantage of the sunlight in the weekend for this quick daytime look for you.

The star products were Marcelle CC cream in Golden Glow and eyeshadow trio+ in Smoky Chestnut I reviewed this week.

The glow, as expected, is not strongly visible, gives more of an appearance of glowy skin overall than the actual highlighting effect. With the lack of sleep, I have fully embraced the CC cream with open hands.

I don't know how much of the effect you can tell from the pictures. Maybe it's the sunlight, maybe it's Marcelle :) 

Smoky Chestnut is equally subtle, even when I layered the dark taupe/ purple in the crease. Again, it is great for work looks.

Other Marcelle products used:
- Rouge Xpression lipstick in Paris Rose
I reach for this shade whenever I want an "innocent" type of look. I don't normally go for pinks but I like this pink.
-  Xtension Plus + Pro Lash Growth Complex mascara in Black.

If I persuaded you to check some of these products out, Marcelle will have 40% off sale for Black Friday. Just in time :)

For the rest of the face, I fell into a basic routine with products I used so often:
- Annabelle CC Instant Perfecting base in Luminous finish - before the CC cream above
- Maybelline Baby Skin Instant pore eraser
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eyes full coverage concealer in Neutral Medium
- Annabelle Zebra Bronzing powder in Haute Gold (no blush)
- Maybelline Color Tattoo in Inked in Pink as base

- Yves Rocher Eye pencil in Green on the lower lash line 
- InstaGlam Brow Design + Fix in Medium to Dark and Wet n Wild Color Icon brow & eye liner in Dark Brown.
 
I am still waiting for the last Sephora VIB sale order to come in to even consider posting a haul for you. Also acquired some new things from the drugstores but the trip home is coming too soon before I have time to play with them. I haven't started packing but I know I don't have much space in the luggage for makeup :(

I have missed a few pre-Black Friday sales already not being able to make it to the stores. It is the same feeling when kids get their Christmas present early but are not allowed to open/ play with it until the day of. But I feel blessed being able to be with my family, a big break for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment