Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

8/15/2012

Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

I jumped on the oil wagon when I was offered Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Skin Therapy Oil for review.

Palmer's Skin Therapy oil is a multi-purpose skin perfection product for body and face. It is a dry oil, light weight, non greasy, non staining and preservative free, supposed to help improve the appearance of scars, stretch marks, dry/ damaged skin, uneven skin tone and aging skin.

Cocoa butter smells like chocolate to me, and the scent is mild and lingers just a bit. First great selling point! Cocoa butter retains skin moisture, fights stretch marks and scars; then vitamin E is an antioxidant; Rosehip oil is high in fatty acid and Vitamin C, and Canola oil has Vitamin E and Omega 3 fatty acids.

Ingredients: Canola oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed oil, Dimethicone, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed butter, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance, Rosa Canina Seed extract, Citronellol, Coumarine, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool.

Here is how I have been using this oil, using the Head-to-Toe Beautiful Skin Checklist that Palmer's included in my package. Note that the bottle now has a No Mess pump dispenser, works great.

- Face cream, hand and feet moisturizer, nail & cuticle treatment: It worked really well. Being an oil, it did take a little time to fully absorb (more time on the face than on the body), so I preferred using it at night. Going to bed smelling good was a great feeling.
- Bath oil and after shave: I did not use the oil in my bath water but used it right after the bath, while my skin was still damp. The effect lasted a longer this way.
- Hair oil: it was great to untangle my hair and tame fly-aways. I use this oil for this purpose the most, every morning, I must say. My hair was easy to brush through and stayed less tangled throughout the day.
- Eye makeup remover: it did remove my makeup and most of the waterproof mascara. However, I can't get used to the feeling of oil on my lashes. Just personal preference.
- Lip balm: the oil did not leave a taste or any oily feeling, moisturized my lips well. Take note of this next time I travel, bringing just this one product.
- Anti-aging skin support and acne scar treatment: I can't confirm this without watching the effect for a long time.

To sum up, this oil smells great, works well as a moisturizer, and then some. Other than my lashes, I would basically use it all over. Available at Walmart, Shoppers Drug Mart and Loblaws/ Superstore for $13.99 (150ml).

0 comments:

Post a Comment