Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

2/14/2012

NOTD: Pure Ice Show Stopper

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

Happy Valentine's/ Single Awareness Day to you guys. Hope everyone has a great day celebrating love in your heart - love for yourself, your loved one and everything else that makes you happy.

I wanted to post a fun NOTD today but I knew I couldn't do a traditional V-Day look, as I don't do pinks or hearts too well.

I was sent a Pure Ice crackle duo in Gold and Red (Show Stopper) a while back. The colours remind me of the "Girl on Fire" dress from the Hunger Games, so I went with that. Here is Pure Ice Gold as a base and Pure Ice Show Stopper as the crackle French tips. The Gold has great metallic sheen, would make a great holiday colour.

Nails on fire? I got 'em :)

On the accent nail is Revlon Royal Cloak, a totally gorgeous purple. Again, purple is not what people normally wear on V-Day. I am just going through a purple kick lately, thought it would make a good base for stamping. I'm all over the place today, aren't I?

I tried to stamp with the gold shade but it didn't show up as well as I thought, so I double stamped with China Glaze Millennium on top, using the same rose pattern. The print is subtle but still proves that I need more practice :)

The Pure Ice duo has great application, and the crackle works well, not too thick nor thin. The pair also comes with a mini nail file that shows exactly how the crackle would look on top of the gold colour. I think that was a neat idea.

It is a shame that the brand is not available in Canada. I have seen quite a few great shades from them and would love to build a little Pure Ice army.

Drop by and tell me what you are wearing on your nails or face for the day. I have blue and grey on my lids, if that makes you laugh lol. I'm so not a pink girl.

0 comments:

Post a Comment