Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

10/05/2011

NOTD: Quo by Orly Cotton Candy

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

I'm kinda counting down the days for, you know, the release date of Quo by Orly, the core line. I am ridiculously anxious to see the colours in real life after seeing the PR spot swatches and trying the shades I was sent.

Seeing that the majority of the core shades is in the red colour family, I am still excited. Maybe partly because the shades I have the chance to try are all winners.

You have seen how pretty Quo by Orly Green Meadow was, today I will show you Quo by Orly Cotton Candy.

Yes it is a pink. I wouldn't have picked this colour by myself, but I'm glad I have a chance to try it. As it is a fact that I really like it :)

In most lighting, and in the bottle, Cotton Candy is more of a bubble gum pink, but in the sun, depending on how the light hits it, it can look a little darker (like in the first pic).

I'm glad I wore it last week to take pics for you, as we had great weather then (it has been raining in the last 3 days). I am wearing it again right now, as a base for an orange glitter, and it works well that way too.

I was in a cheerful mood and added a Hello Kitty sticker (from Born Pretty store) in the accent nail, if you can see it.

Quality wise, Cotton Candy is the same as Green Meadow - cream finish, good application, decent wear. It changes my expectation of the pinks and reds in this line. Who knows, I might pick up some more of these colours.

As I mentioned before, the line retails for CAD10 a piece, but there are always sales at Shoppers, if you are patient. This week, these nail polish are CAD8.99, if only the new shades are in store already. But I'll wait :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment